UPDATE (3/4): In case anyone needed confirmation that these were indeed TPAB demos, Kendrick broke it down.
Demos from To Pimp A Butterfly. In Raw Form. Unfinished. Untitled. Unmastered. https://t.co/YlAszcK4e4
— Kendrick Lamar (@kendricklamar) March 4, 2016
Here’s a look at the complete credits from a feature and production standpoint. Thundercat, Jay Rock, Anna Wise, Terrace Martin, Adrian Younge. They all make appearances throughout the eight track offering.
- untitled 01 08.19.2014
Produced by Hit-Boy & DJ Spinz
- untitled 02 06.23.2014
Produced by Yung Exclusive & Cardo
- untitled 03 05.28.2013 f. Thundercat, Bilal, Terrace Martin & Anna Wise
Produced by Astronote
- untitled 04 08.14.2014 f. Jay Rock & SZA
Produced by Bizness Boi & Nard & B
- untitled 05 09.21.2014 f. Anna Wise, Punch & Jay Rock
Produced by Nard & B
- untitled 06 06.30.2014 f. Cee-Lo Green
Produced by Ali Shaheed Muhammad & Adrian Younge
- untitled 07 2014 – 2016
Produced by Frank Dukes, Cardo, Yung Exclusive, Swizz Beatz and Egypt Dean
- untitled 08 09.06.2014
Produced by DJ Khalil
UPDATE: It’s official, untitled unmastered is available now on Apple Music!
1. untitled 01 08.19.2014 (Prod. by Hit-boy and DJ Spinz)
2. untitled 02 06.23.2014 (Prod. by Yung Exclusive and Cardo)
3. untitled 03 05.28.2013 feat. Thundercat, Bilal, Terrace Martin and Anna Wise (Prod. by Da Internz)
4. untitled 04 08.14.2014 feat. Jay Rock and SZA (Prod. by Bizness Boi and Nard&B)
5. untitled 05 09.21.2014 feat. Anna Wise, Punch and Jay Rock (prod. by Nard&B)
6. untitled 06 06.30.2014 feat. Cee-Lo Green (Prod. by Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Adrian Younge)
7. untitled 07 2014 – 2016 (Prod. by Frank Dukes, Cardo, Yung Exclusive, Swizz Beatz and Egypt Dean)
8. untitled 08 09.06.2014 (Prod. by DJ Khalil)
Earlier this week, TDE chief executive officer Anthony “Top Dawg” Tiffith took to his Twitter account to reveal a few surprises. Alongside updating fans on a tentative schedule of releases from the label (which may possibly include the long-awaited Black Hippy project in 2017), he also announced that — because, why not? — a new, “surprise” project from a member of the roster would drop before the week’s end. While many speculated on who, exactly, would drop, it now appears that it will be none other than Kendrick Lamar.
Earlier tonight, a mysterious project from Lamar, titled untitled. unmastered, was uploaded to Spotify. At the moment, however, it is currently unplayable. However, seeing that it is close to midnight EST on Friday, March 4th, the day when all albums are released, that could change at any given moment.
The major speculation is that these eight tracks will, at long last, be a compilation of the many “Untitled” songs Kendrick has performed at various shows throughout the last year or so: from “Blue Faces,” to his performance on Stephen Colbert’s final Comedy Central show, to his recent performance at the GRAMMYs. That theory would make sense: alongside it being titled untitled. unmastered, the tracklisting features dates that coincide with some of these performances.
Fans may — oddly enough — credit NBA superstar LeBron James for this potential release. After watching Kendrick’s GRAMMY performance, LeBron took to his own Twitter page and pleaded for Top Dawg to release the “Untitled” songs.
— LeBron James (@KingJames) February 23, 2016
Dam my nigga u on my head 2…The fans been killing me. Y'all just backed me in a corner..Give me a few days 2 think https://t.co/5mFIPYUMXJ
— dangeroo kipawaa TDE (@dangerookipawaa) February 23, 2016
Keep it locked here at the DopeHouse to see what comes from this.
UPDATE #2: The album is now out on Apple Music!