The Cool Kids—the influential duo of Chuck Inglish and Sir Michael Rocks—announced they were rejoining as a group way back in July 2016 after a four-year hiatus.
In the 13 months since, they’ve worked in the studio on their next album—and first since 2011’s When Fish Ride Bicycles. The sessions have produced singles like “Running Man,” “Connect Four” and “TV Dinner,” all in the hopes they’d come together on an album.
That wait will now come to a close, as the band has announced its next project will drop September 15.
Announced a couple weeks ago, a new Chuck Inglish tweeted refreshed our memory that the duo’s new project, Special Edition Grand Master Deluxe, will arrive next month—a welcome return from one of the more influential rap acts from the late 00s.
Along with the announcement, pre-orders for the album also went live on iTunes, revealing the album’s artwork and tracklist. Stretching 16 songs, featured guests include Smoke DZA, Buddy, Travis Barker, Joyce Wrice, Like of Pac Div, Warm Brew, and others. Hannibal Buress pops up for the intro and Jeremih assists on the album’s next single, “9:15pm.”
- “The Moonlanding” f. Hannibal Buress
- “TV Dinner”
- “Get Out the Bowl”
- “Break Your Legs” f. Travis Barker & HXLT
- “20/20 Vision”
- “On the Set” f. Boldy James & Smoke DZA
- “9:15Pm” f. Jeremih
- “Westside Connections” f. Buddy, Jay Worthy & Warm Brew
- “The Motion” f. Ye Ali & Anthony Pavel
- “T.D.A.” f. A-Trak, Reese LAFLARE & Larry June
- “Jean Jacket” f. Paul Usher & 10ille
- “Simple Things” f. Syd & QUIÑ
- “Symptoms of a Down” f. Helios Hussain
- “Gr8Full” f. Joyce Wrice & Like
- “Too Smooth”