Hailing from Brooklyn, SAINt JHN is making his DopeHouse debut with the release of his debut project, Collection One.
Although he’s new to the 2DBZ pages, JHN isn’t new to the game. On top of writing for the likes of Usher and Jidenna (“Helicopters“), the multifaceted artist has also seen tracks like “Roses” and “Reflex” surpass millions of streams on SoundCloud alone.
After giving The Weeknd and Styles P‘s new EPs a few listens, I was in need of something “new” last night and Collection One was what popped up. The timing couldn’t of been better, either. It was late, I was a bit intoxicated, and SAINt JHN managed to keep the my attention throughout the project’s 13 tracks. A solid listen from top to bottom, the man just knows how to capture the highs and lows of a could-be destructive lifestyle and turn them into quality, infectious tunes.
Press play on Collection One below and, if you like what you hear, add the project on your preferred streaming platform. You can also catch JHN at one of his upcoming shows.
- May 2 – Toronto, ON (Mod Club)
- May 5 – Bonner Springs, KS (Providence Medical Center)
- May 7 – New York, NY (Bowery Ballroom)
- May 9 – Cambridge, MA (The Sinclair)
- May 12 – Washington, DC (Songbyrd Music House)
- May 18 – Los Angeles, CA (The Roxy)
- May 19 – San Francisco, CA (Slim’s)