In the two years since Travis Scott‘s second album, Birds In The Trap Sing McKnight, the mercurial artist has gone on to be one of the leaders of this generation of rappers, collaborating with everyone from Kanye West and the Migos (naturally) to SZA and Madonna (¿que?). Along the way, he also became a father for the very first time — going half on a baby with Kylie Jenner.
(The so-called Kardashian curse has also avoided him so far… for now.)
Yet the one thing that has notably remained a constant was talks of his third album, Astroworld. Revealing that he’d actually been working on it before the release of Birds, the anticipation for the project only heightened with each mention.
Following a collaborative project with Quavo, Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho, La Flame has returned with his highly anticipated third album. Led by the singles “Watch” with Kanye West and Lil Uzi Vert, and “Butterfly Effect,” Scott has offered an explanation behind the album to GQ…
“They tore down [Six Flags] AstroWorld [in Houston] to build more apartment space. That’s what it’s going to sound like, like taking an amusement park away from kids. We want it back. We want the building back. That’s why I’m doing it. It took the fun out of the city.”
At 17 songs, features come in the form of Drake, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, 21 Savage, NAV, Pharrell and the Migos. Meanwhile, production is handled by Scott, Sonny Digital Cardo, Murda Beatz, Wondagurl, Nineteen85, Hit-Boy and others. CyHi the Prynce even snatched a few writing credits, as well.
- “Stargazing” (prod. Sonny Digital, B Wheezy, B Korn & 30 Roc)
- “Carousel” f. Frank Ocean (prod. Hit-Boy)
- “Sicko Mode” f. Drake (prod. Hit-Boy, Tay Keith, OZ & Cubeatz
- “R.I.P. Screw” (prod. FKi 1st & Travis Scott)
- “Stop Trying To Be God” (prod. J Beatzz, Travis Scott & Mike Dean)
- “No Bystanders” (prod. Wondagurl, Gezin (808 Mafia) & Mike Dean
- “Skeletons” f. Tame Impala, The Weeknd & Pharrell (prod. Tame Impala)
- “Wake Up” f. The Weekend (prod. Sevn Thomas, Frank Dukes & Wallis Lane)
- “5% Tint” (prod. FKi 1st)
- “NC-17” f. 21 Savage (prod. by Boi-1da & CuBeatz)
- “Astrothunder” (prod. Frank Dukes, John Mayer, Thundercat & Travis Scott)
- “Yosemite” f. Gunna (prod. Turbo & June James)
- “Can’t Say” f. Don Toliver (prod. Wondagurl & Frank Dukes)
- “Who? What!” f. Migos (prod. 30 Roc & Cardo)
- “Butterfly Effect” (prod. Murda Beatz)
- “Houstonfornication” (prod. Sevn Thomas & Wallis Lane)
- “Coffee Bean” (prod. Nineteen85)
Enough said; it’s time to head to Astroworld. Press play below and add the album on your preferred streaming platform.
Travis is also live-streaming the album’s listening event as well.