For the last 114 weeks (count em), I’ve been putting together a Weekly Dope playlist that compiles all the music that was released to help fans catch up. On average, each playlist consists of 30-40 songs. So, in an effort to put a little more of a personal touch on things, I’ll also be sharing a list of my personal favorites from the week.
For Volume 16 of my Songs of the Week playlist, there was no way I wasn’t having DRAM kick things off with his incredible cover of Andre 3000’s “Prototype.” From there, The Off Daze (made up of CunninLynguists’ Deacon the Villain and Natti alongside Sheisty Khrist) took control, while T-Pain shared an assortment of unreleased tracks (including a song with Joey Bada$$ and Joe Budden). Amine talked that talk, Cousin Stizz opened up shop, and Sunni Colon provided one of my favorite songs of the year. Young Thug taught us Slime Language with help from Gunna and Lil Baby. Wale remixed a Tamia single, Jack Harlow got the bounce, and Gorilla Zoe resurfaced with a new tune. And to cap it off, things slow down with cuts from Ro James, Tash Sultana, Laye, Anna Wise & Xavier Omar (over Raphael Saadiq production), and Iris Temple.
Apple Music and Spotify playlists available below; with each being updated every Monday morning.
- DRAM, “Prototype“
- The Off Daze, “Take Control” ft. Lance Fury & Bianca Jade
- Amine, “Reel It In“
- T-Pain, “That’s Me” ft. Joey Bada$$ & Joe Budden *
- Jack Harlow, “Cody Banks”
- Cousin Stizz, “Shop“
- Kiing Shooter, “No Panicin” ft. Don Q
- Gorillaz Zoe, “Amnesia”
- Young Thug, “Chanel (Go Get It)” ft. Gunna & Lil Baby
- Stefflon Don, “What You Want” ft. Future
- Brasstracks, “Too Far Too Fast” ft. Thirdstory
- Ro James, “Excuse Me”
- Tamia, “Leave It Smokin’ (Remix)” ft. Wale
- Tash Sultana, “Free Mind”
- Sunni Colon, “Baby I Don’t Mind“
- Laye, “Milk N Honey”
- Iris Temple, “Capsize”
- Anna Wise, Xavier Omar & Raphael Saadiq, “Easy“
- Sabrina Claudio, “Come Here“