Well damn, this is probably one of the more unexpected things to happen this year.
In an surprise move, Eminem has made the fastest return in his career, following up Revival with a new album called Kamikaze only eight months later.
“Tried not to overthink this one,” Em said on Twitter before sharing the album link to his 21.8 million followers.
Standing at 13 tracks, Kamikaze includes features from Royce 5’9″, Joyner Lucas, and Jessie Reyez. The album also sports a cover that pays homage to Beastie Boys’ classic Licensed to Ill album.
The iTunes description reads, “Shady punches back, and he’s naming names.” And based off the intro alone, it’s spot on. Marshall is mad. One spin through the album and I caught shots at Lil Yachty, Joe Budden, a couple Lil’s, Tyler the Creator, Charlamagne, and a few others.
- “The Ringer” (prod. Illadaproducer, Ronny J & Eminem)
- “Greatest” (prod. Mike Will Made-It & Jeremy Miller)
- “Lucky You” f. Joyner Lucas (prod. Boi-1da, Jahaan Sweet, Illadaproducer & Eminem)
- “Paul (Skit)”
- “Normal” (prod. Illadaproducer, S1, Lonestarrmuzik & Swish Allnet)
- “Em Calls Paul (Skit)”
- “Stepping Stone” (prod. Eminem & Luis Resto)
- “Not Alike” f. Royce da 5’9″ (prod. Tay Keith, Ronny J & Eminem)
- “Fall” (prod. Mike Will Made-It & Eminem)
- “Kamikaze” (prod. Tim Suby & Eminem)
- “Nice Guy” f. Jessie Reyez (prod. Fred Ball, S1 & Eminem)
- “Good Guy” f. Jessie Reyez (prod. Illadaproducer & Eminem)
- 13. “Venom” (prod. Eminem & Luis Resto)
Executive produced by Dr. Dre and Eminem, Kamikaze can be heard below. Press play and be sure to add the album on you preferred streaming service.