Black History Month has ended, but why not have a continuous celebration, even beyond February? A Detroit emcee and Michigan State University journalism graduate, Jahshua “JYoung The General” Smith has spearheaded Black History Year –a series of songs aimed at educating black history in a contemporary, but yet entertaining approach throughout the entire year. JYoung teams up with hip-hop music producer, Nick Speed and clothing line and sponsor, Dangerous Negro Apparel, to promote black history in sets of 365 days instead of 28. Today, JYoung releases the first installment of Black History Year.
Tracklist and link down bottom.
1. The Meeting (Malcolm Vs. Martin) (feat. P.H.I.L.T.H.Y.) (prod. Nick Speed)
2. Gorgeous (The Doll Study) (prod. StewRAT)
3. Welcome To The Stomp (prod. Nick Speed)
4. Keep ‘Em Laughing (LOL) (prod. Nick Speed)
5. Phillis Wheatley (prod. Nick Speed)
6. Haitian Fight Song 2010 (prod. Nick Speed)