Last night while in London, the physical-internets-trending-topic premiered his 35-minute
long short vignette, Runaway at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Here are a few more details regarding the companion film to his upcoming My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album:
– 90% of the music in the film will be featured on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
– Inspired by Thriller, Prince’s Purple Rain and Pink Floyd’s The Wall.
– Inspired by Picasso and Matisse.
– Encapsulates “An overall representation of what I dream.”
– There is a scene that features an over-sized paper mache model of Michael Jackson’s head.
– The film was written and directed by Mr. West, with the assistance of art director Vanessa Beecroft
– Nicki Minaj narrates in a British accent. (Bollocks!)
– Selita Banks is cast as Yeezy’s love interest, and the “Phoenix”
– Shot in four days while out in Prague, apparently pulling 20 hour days
– Yes, there will be more ballet dancer appearances. (Seems to be his latest fetish, no?)
After the film ended, Yeezy took to the stage for some Q&A where he also revealed the following…
– Mos Def has already recorded 5 tracks for his G.O.O.D. debut.
– ’So Appalled’ is his favourite G.O.O.D. Friday release so far.
– Bon Iver is on 9 tracks off the album.
– The CRS project is still on the cards
– He wants to tour the new album across the world and eventually perform a show in Egypt by the Pyramids
– He is finishing of the Jay & Ye album in France at the end of this month, and they have already completed 5 tracks.
– Alicia Keys performed some of the vocals on ‘Lost in The World’.