Here are some of the new features for this year’s version of Madden:
• ”Surprise Onside Kick“: Players can now attempt to catch their opponents off-guard with an onside kick from a standard kickoff formation.
• ”Tuner Sets“: A feature implemented previously in other EA Sports titles such as NCAA Football 11, Madden NFL 12 now supports downloadable tuner sets, which allow the developers to make adjustments to significant portions of the gameplay code without the need for an approved and official patch to be distributed by console manufacturers.
• To support awareness for concussions, players who have a concussion will no longer be allowed to return to the game.
• All-New Collision System: Now maintain full control of players up to the point of impact – from tackling to blocking – providing the most authentic collisions in franchise history. This new system uses a player’s momentum and over 100 new tackle animations, including 40 gang tackles, to provide more impactful hits, stolen tackles, and consecutive hit tackling.
• Advanced Defensive AI: Over 100 defensive A.I. enhancements resulting in the smartest Madden defense ever. Players in zone and man coverage will properly recognize and react to plays, including the ability to break out of assignments when appropriate, resulting in a defensive team that truly works together.
• Custom Playbooks: The #1 most requested feature by fans in recent years, allows you to build the ultimate game plan by modifying an existing playbook or creating your own by selecting up to 400 offensive or defensive plays from 75 different playbooks. Integrate your custom playbook into a game plan for use with the improved GameFlow system, which executes an authentic, situational game plan for you.
• Broadcast Redefined: Experience NFL Sundays like never before with completely overhauled presentation, including 32 team-specific run outs featuring mascots and cheerleaders, over 500 dynamic broadcast cameras authentic to every NFL stadium, innovative “real” on-field cameras shot by expert NFL Films cameramen, and a network inspired new broadcast graphics package.
• Unprecedented On-Field Authenticity: Hundreds of visual improvements across all areas of the game including: new player equipment, helmet stickers, pylon and ball physics, a player degradation system that affects uniforms and helmets based on weather and field surface, 3D grass, and new player specific animations that showcase the personalities of each NFL player.
We’ll see if they actually make this a game instead of just a recycled rehash. I highly doubt it though.