Jay Z turned 44 today, and on top of starting a new
vegan “plant-based” diet, the rapper-slash-CEO took some time to rank his twelve solo albums. Posting a picture of the LPs stacked in order, Hov also shares some commentary on the full-length projects.
1. Reasonable Doubt (Classic)
2. The Blueprint (Classic)
3. The Black Album (Classic)
4. Vol. 2 (Classic)
5. American Gangster (4 1/2, cohesive)
6. Magna Carta (Fuckwit, Tom Ford, Oceans, Beach, On the Run, Grail)
7. Vol. 1 (Sunshine kills this album…fuck… Streets, Where I’m from, You Must Love Me…)
8. BP3 (Sorry critics, it’s good. Empire (Gave Frank a run for his money))
9. Dynasty (Intro alone…)
10. Vol. 3 (Pimp C verse alone… oh, So Ghetto)
11. BP2 (Too many songs. Fucking Guru and Hip Hop, ha)
12. Kingdom Come (First game back, don’t shoot me)
I’ve gotta say, it’s pretty dope to see him be so honest about his music. Most rappers stay on that “everything I do is amazing” tip, but Hov is man enough to admit his mishaps over his lengthy career in the rap game. After taking a look at his ranking, how would y’all change it up?