After kick starting their new “3 Shots With…” series with Wax a couple weeks ago, Refined Hype returns with episode two, featuring Jarren Benton. While most of the series was shot in Los Angeles, Nathan S. travelled to Atlanta for a special A3C edition with the latest member of Funk Volume.
During the “drinkerview,” the two take shots while discussing Jarren’s long list of rap aliases, his days working at Blockbuster music, whether black people watch “Punky Brewster” and more…
* White people’s knowledge of various types of wood.
* Taking shots London style (aka creepily looking the other person in the eye while you throw it back).
* Jarren’s long history of rap aliases, including J Smooth, J Seigel, Cinatas and Apocylypse.
* Impromptu hip-hop trivia, including the original members of Hit Squad and N.W.A.’s first album.
* Jarren’s desert island albums: Radiohead, Outkast and….one more to be determined.
* Did black people watch “Punky Brewster”? How Punky grew up into the pretty hot Soleil Moon Frye.