With less than four days left before Netflix premieres the biographical documentary What Happened, Miss Simone?, Ms. Lauryn Hill lets loose another cover she’s contributed to the official soundtrack, “(Ain’t Got No)… I’ve Got Life.”
L Boogie, who contributes six covers of the legendary jazz/blues vocalist’s discography recently delivered her “Feeling Good” cover a few days back.
I’ve included the tracklist for those who may have missed it. One song that is missing that I would have loved to hear someone cover is a favorite of mine: “Funkier Than a Mosquito’s Tweeter.” I know, I’m greedy.
Catch What Happened, Miss Simone? on Netflix June 24th, with the soundtrack Nina Revisited: A Tribute To Nina Simone arriving July 10th.
1. Lisa Simone: Nobody’s Fault but Mine (Intro)
2. Ms. Lauryn Hill: Feeling Good
3. Ms. Lauryn Hill: I’ve Got Life
4. Ms. Lauryn Hill: Ne Me Quitte Pas
5. Jazmine Sullivan: Baltimore
6. Grace: Love Me or Leave Me
7. Usher: My Baby Just Cares For Me
8. Mary J. Blige: Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood
9. Gregory Porter: Sinnerman
10. Common & Lalah Hathaway: YG&B
11. Alice Smith: I Put a Spell On You
12. Lisa Simone: I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl
13. Ms. Lauryn Hill: Black Is the Color of My True Love’s Hair
14. Ms. Lauryn Hill: Wild Is the Wind
15. Ms. Lauryn Hill: African Mailman
16. Nina Simone: I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free