While Demrick and Dizzy Wright’s smoke-filled collaborative project may be set on the back burner for a bit, Demrick’s upcoming solo project, Collect Call, is rushing closer by the day.
Set to land June 24, the Philly rapper follows the first single and final song on the LP, “Back In The Daze,” with “Freak Show,” a confident, Scoop Deville-produced affair that has Demrick praising his own riches and material possessions. The corresponding video is the first of three from the album, which will showcase a story of the day-in-the-life of Demrick, which starts out with him in the Hollywood Hills with women doing yoga and continues into the evening with your typical amount of women and weed (or, at least Demrick’s typical amount).
On working with Scoop Deville, Demrick said he helped bring a bright LA vibe to the single:
“Whenever me and Scoop get in studio together we just try to have fun with it. Scoop is a super west coast guy, so his energy embodies the sunshine, fun, women, and overall lifestyle LA entails. On this record, I just felt like talking about what I see on a daily basis out here in LA, and giving the people something they can vibe to.”
Watch the video above, and check the cover art and tracklist to Collect Call below.
1. Collect Call (Intro) (prod. by Audio Jones)
2. Different Day (ft. Casey Veggies) (prod. by StandOut Musik)
3. Watch This (ft. Lil Debbie) (Prod. by Scoop DeVille)
4. Bad Guy (prod. by Lavi$h)
5. Freak Show (prod. by Scoop DeVille)
6. Pocket Full of Green (Prod. by Scoop DeVille)
7. Take Me to Cali (prod. by DJ Hoppa)
8. Down to Roll (prod. by Cali Cleve/ Roc and Mayne)
9. Broke Down the Walls (prod. by Scoop DeVille)
10. Back in the Daze (prod. by GMB Music)