Since bursting onto the scene with his solo debut mixtape Owl Pharaoh in 2012, all of Scott’s projects have had more false starts than a deaf Track & Field runner: Owl Pharaoh was delayed for nearly a year, and its follow-up Days Before Rodeo received a similar fate. His major label debut, Rodeo, wasn’t immune to the trend either.
So, naturally, his sophomore release — owner of one of 2016’s most interesting album titles, Birds In The Trap Sing McKnight — got delayed also. Originally supposed to drop August 5th, the day came and went with nary a mention of it. Then it was scheduled to come out a week later, on August 12th… nothing. Then it was supposed to arrive August 26th, until frequent Scott collaborator Mike Dean revealed that he was putting the finishing touches on it… the night before.
So here we are, much later, and at last La Flame has finally let the Birds out the cage.
- The Ends f. André 3000 (prod. Vinylz + WondaGurl)
- Way Back f. KiD CuDi & Cashmere Cat (prod. Hit-Boy, C.N.O.T.E. + Swizz Beatz)
- Coordinate f. Blac Youngsta (prod. TM88)
- Through The Late Night f. KiD CuDi (prod. Cardo, Dot Da Genius, Cubeatz )
- Biebs In The Trap f. NAV & Justin Bieber
- SDP (Interlude) f. Cassie
- Sweet Sweet (prod. Murda Beatz, Cubeatz + WondaGurl)
- Outside f. 21 Savage (prod. Murda Beatz)
- Goosebumps f.. Kendrick Lamar (prod. TM88)
- First Take f. Bryson Tiller (prod. Sy Ari Da Kid, TEAUXNY, Illa Jones Mel & Mus)
- Pick Up The Phone f. Young Thug & Quavo
- Lose f. Cassie (prod. Vinylz, Allen Ritter & Frank Dukes)
- Wonderful f. The Weeknd (prod. Boi-1da, T-Minus & Mike Dean)
UPDATE: As a bonus, Travis Scott also debuted “Ra Ra” with Lil Uzi Vert that didn’t make the album. Produced by TM88 and Cubeatz.