Every week we try and keep you updated on the Billboard charts, not that they’re always indicative of the best music out, but it’s fun to sometimes see surprises (like Kevin Gates selling more than 100,000 in his first week last year, and J. Cole and Beyoncé selling over 500,000 on a week’s notice) and see what albums are being bought the most compared to getting so heavily streamed, their sales get boosted.
Thanks to over 76 million streams in the last week, Starboy sold another 69,000 copies, only 18,000 of which came from tradition album sales, according to Billboard.
A bunch of Christmas albums dominated the Top 10 over the last month or so for obvious reasons, but now that the holiday season is over, albums like Drake’s Views, J. Cole’s 4 Your Eyez Only and Bruno Mars’ 24K Magic, the latter two which should become platinum in the next month or so, return to being the highest-sold albums in the United States.
Check the full Top 10 below.
- The Weeknd – Starboy (69,000 in sales)
- Moana soundtrack (64,000)
- Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (45,000)
- Drake – Views (41,000)
- J. Cole – 4 Your Eyez Only (39,000)
- Hamilton soundtrack (32,000)
- Twenty One Pilots – Blurryface (30,000)
- Sing soundtrack (28,000)
- Suicide Squad soundtrack (27,000)
- Trolls soundtrack (26,000)