Hoping to pull a J. Cole and go platinum with no features, Futche skips the guest appearances and rolls out 17 tracks on his own accord. The previously-leaked “Poppin’ Tags” shows up. However, the Rick Ross-guested “That’s A Check” is conspicuously absent from the project.
Before the stateside release, Future talked to Zane Lowe about the making of the album. He said Future is a return of his Future Hendrix alter ego. “Now is the time, two to three years they weren’t ready, they wanted Future,” he said. “They wanted me to be the ratchet-est, to say the most disrespectful shit. And I understand that’s what music is, it makes you feel different kinds of ways.”
Avoiding any outside influences, Future ditched social media during the creative process.
“All my energy, I want to put it in my music. I want you to hear this and say, ‘He gave us all of him.’ And you didn’t get it from a tweet. If there was a tweet I felt like saying during that time, you’re gonna be able to hear it in my music. If there was a response that you thought I should have responded to, you’re going to be able to hear it in my music. You’re gonna be able to hear the completeness of it, the sound, where I’m at, my voice, my tone, my wordplay, everything that’s going on around me, I was able to create off it, to be inspired by so many moments that were happening.”
No features, but you already know Future brought out the producers—including Metro Boomin, Southside, Zaytoven, TM88, Jake One, !llmind, and more.
- “Rent Money” (prod. The Beat Bully, DJ Khaled & Chef Tate)
- “Good Dope” (prod. Southside)
- “Zoom” (prod. Southside)
- “Draco” (prod. DJ Spinz)
- “Super Trapper” (prod. Southside & DY)
- “POA” (prod. Southside)
- “Mask Off” (prod. Metro Boomin)
- “High Demand” (prod. DY)
- “Outta Time” (prod. Southside & Jake One)
- “Scrape” (prod. Metro Boomin)
- “I’m So Groovy” (prod. Tarentino & Trepound)
- “Might As Well” (prod. Tarentino)
- “Poppin’ Tags” (prod. Southside)
- “Massage In My Room” (prod. Southside & DY)
- “Flip” (prod. Southside & DJ Spinz)
- “When I Was Broke” (prod. Zaytoven & OZ)
- “Feds Did A Sweep” (prod. Zaytoven & Cassius Jay)
Check it out below and cop FUTURE on iTunes.