Joey Bada$$ was originally slated to drop his new album, All-AmeriKKKan Bada$$, in a stacked week with 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar. But Tity Boy eventually pushed Pretty Girls Like Trap Music back, and Kendrick officially slated his album (DAMN.) a week later, so Joey was able to shine on his own for a bit.
This helped result in a top five debut on the Billboard 200 chart for A.A.B.A., selling 51,000 copies in the first week, landing him at No. 5 behind a couple chart mainstays.
Drake’s More Life got bumped from the top spot by the new Chainsmokers album (I’m sure you’re all excited about that one). More Life sold 108,000 more copies, leaving him a couple thousand shy on one million copies sold. The album just surpassing one billion streams this week.
Next week, Kendrick’s DAMN. will make its chart debut. It’s expected to sell close to 500,000 copies in its first week.
Check out the top 10 below.
- The Chainsmokers – Memories (221,000 sales)
- Drake – More Life (108,000)
- Ed Sheeran – Divide (70,000)
- Pentatonix – PTX Vol. IV: Classics (54,000)
- Joey Bada$$ – All-AmeriKKKan Bada$$ (51,000)
- Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (45,000)
- Moana sountrack (43,000)
- Kodak Black – Painting Pictures (39,000)
- Future – FUTURE (38,000)
- Father John Misty – Pure Comedy (35,000)