Lil Uzi Vert‘s new album Luv Is Rage 2 sold over 130,000 copies in its first week, easily giving him the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart.
With just 28,000 coming from pure album sales, Luv Is Rage 2 sold 135,000 total copies. This is a monstrous first week and is easily one of the top opening weeks for a rapper in 2017. Just off the top of my head, guys like Kendrick Lamar, Drake and Logic all had bigger first weeks, but Uzi isn’t far behind that.
A$AP Mob’s Cozy Tapes, Vol. 2 debuted at No. 6 with 41,000 sales. These projects came out in a jam-packed week, which also saw the release of Action Bronson’s Blue Chips 7000, Daniel Caesar’s Freudian and Brockhampton’s Saturation II, neither of which cracked the top 10. Kendrick Lamar, Khalid and Kodak Black all remain mainstays toward the top of the charts.
Check out the full top 10 below.
- Lil Uzi Vert – Luv Is Rage 2 (135,000 album sales)
- XXXTentacion – 17 (87,000)
- Queens of the Stone Age – Villains (73,000)
- Fifth Harmony – Fifth Harmony (46,000)
- Kendrick Lamar – DAMN. (45,000)
- A$AP Mob – Cozy Tapes, Vol. 2 (41,000)
- Old Dominion – Happy Endings (41,000)
- Khalid – American Teen (33,000)
- Kodak Black – Project Baby 2 (33,000)
- The War On Drugs – A Deeper Understanding (31,000)
Conveniently, Uzi dropped his “XO Tour Llif3” video today, directed by Virgil Abloh. Watch it below.