And here. We. Go.
After a rather eventful month that involved music courtesy of five Kanye West-produced albums (DAYTONA, ye, Kids See Ghosts, NASIR and K.T.S.E.), Black Thought finally going solo with help from 9th Wonder, The Carters, Freddie Pendergrass, Jorja Smith, Jay Rock, Westside Gunn, me, you, your momma and your cousin too, Drake was planning to hijack the summer — as he is wont to do — with much fanfare and little opposition.
Then, Pusha T threw a monkey wrench into those plans with “The Story Of Adidon,” which came in response to Drake’s “Duppy Freestyle,” which was a response to Pusha’s “Infrared” closer on DAYTONA. One J. Prince intervention later, here we are.
Rather than continue to engage in the beef, The Boy keeps the train moving with the release of his fifth studio album, Scorpion. Anchored by the hits “God’s Plan” and “Nice For What” (and — sigh — “I’m Upset“), Drake has revealed that Scorpion is a massive 25-song project with features from Jay-Z, Michael Jackson, Static Major and Ty Dolla $ign (who has been on everything this year), with the likes of DJ Premier, DJ Paul, No I.D., Cardo, PartyNextDoor, Boi-1da, and others sharing production duties with Noah “40” Shebib.
- “Survival” (prod. No I.D. & 40)
- “Nonstop” (prod. Tay Keith, No I.D. & Noel Cadastre)
- “Elevate” (prod. PartyNextDoor & Nonstop Da Hitman)
- “Emotionless” (prod. No I.D., 40 & 25th Hour)
- “God’s Plan” (prod. Boi-1da, Cardo & Young Exclusive)
- “I’m Upset” (prod. Oogie Mane)
- “8 Out of 10” (prod. Jahan Sweet, Boi-1da & OB)
- “Mob Ties” (prod. Allen Ritter & Boi-1da)
- “Can’t Take A Joke” (prod. Noel Cadastre & ModMaxx)
- “Sandra’s Rose” (prod. DJ Premier & Maneesh)
- “Talk Up” f. Jay-Z (pord. DJ Paul)
- “Is There More” (prod. Wallis Lane)
- “Peak” (prod. 40)
- “Summer games” (prod. 40 & No I.D.)
- “Jaded” (prod. Noel Cadastre)
- “Nice For What” (prod. Murda Beatz, 40, Corey Litwin & BlaqNMild
- “Finesse” (prod. Noel Cadastre)
- “Ratchet Happy Birthday” (prod. Boi-1da, D10 & Jahan Sweet)
- “That’s How You Feel” (prod. Noel Cadastre)
- “Blue Tint” (prod. Supah Mario & !llmind)
- “In My Feelings” (prod. BlaqNMild, TrapMoneyBenny & 40)
- “Don’t Matter To Me” f. Michael Jackson (prod. 40 & Nineteen85)
- “After Dark” f. Static Major & Ty Dolla $ign (prod. 40 & Static Major)
- “Final Fantasy” (prod. 40, Jahan Sweet & Boi-1da)
- “March 14” (prod. T-Minus & Josh Valle)
Enough said. One of the summer’s biggest moments has arrived. Presented with the following “Editor’s Note,” Scorpion can be heard below.
I HATE WHEN DRAKE RAPS. DRAKE SINGS TOO MUCH. DRAKE IS A POP ARTIST. DRAKE DOESN’T EVEN WRITE HIS OWN SONGS. DRAKE TOOK AN L. DRAKE DIDN’T START FROM THE BOTTOM. DRAKE IS FINISHED. I LIKE DRAKE’S OLDER STUFF. DRAKE MAKES MUSIC FOR GIRLS. DRAKE THINKS HE’S JAMAICAN. DRAKE IS AN ACTOR. DRAKE CHANGED. ANYBODY ELSE > DRAKE. YEAH YEAH WE KNOW — DRAKE