With last year’s RELAXER still in rotation, Alt-J have decided to put a hip-hop spin on the album and re-release it as REDUXER on September 28th.
“It’s no secret that we love and are influenced by hip-hop, and it’s always been a dream of ours to work with hip-hop artists in re-imagining our music,” Alt-J said on IG. “With REDUXER that dream has come true. We couldn’t be happier with the results. This album is truly global, featuring rappers and producers from all over the world. After a very long time in the making, we are stoked to share it with you all.”
Having shared a track with Pusha T last month, the English bang keeps it rolling with an Alchemist and Trooko-laced version of “Deadcrush” with a new verse from Danny Brown.
Check out the tracklist and press play below.
- “3WW (OTG Version)” f. Little Simz
- “In Cold Blood (Twin Shadow Version)” f. Pusha T
- “House of the Rising Sun (Tuka Version)” f. Tuka
- “Hit Me Like That Snare (Jimi Charles Moody Version)”
- “Deadcrush (Alchemist & Trooko Version)” f. Danny Brown
- “Adeline (ADP Version)” f. Paige Cakey & Hex
- “Last Year (Terrace Martin Version)” f. GoldLink
- “Pleader (Trooko Version)” f. PJ Sin Suela
- “3WW (Lomepal Version)” f. Lomepal
- “In Cold Blood (Kontra K Version)” f. Kontra K
- “Hit Me Like That Snare (Rejjie Snow Version)” f. Rejjie Snow