A little bit after I moved to New York we had this short-lived online radio show (shout out to PNC Radio) that was, for lack of a better term, a complete sh*t show. No, seriously, it was the shining definition of disorganized: I invited any and everybody who wanted to pop in, added some swill into the mix, and for a couple hours a week we drank, talked smack, occasionally held cyphers, and talked some more while spinning everything from “Like A Martian” to “Exhibit G, F & P.”
Eventually, I couldn’t find the time to continue to do it (running a weekly show, booking guests for it, and spinning the music mostly by yourself takes a lot of time and energy) and the show would go the way of the dodo. Since then, I’ve been asked — several times — if I would ever resurrect the show.
Well, guess what’s back from the dead.
As it’s the first episode — and I’m at the moment doing this from the comfort of my home setup rather than at an online radio station studio — this is simply a selection of tracks that the DopeHouse currently enjoys. I hope to eventually inject some personality into the mix (read: guests, cyphers, general smack talking, and the like) in the future, but for the time being enjoy what we have so far.
- Puppy Intro
- Mahalia, “Sober”
- PRhyme, “Rock It”
- IAMNOBODI, “Heaven” f. Nick Grant, VanJess & Freddie Gibbs
- Wale, “My Boy” f. J. Cole
- Henry Allen & Wayne Henderson, “Step Into My Life”
- Maffew Ragazino, “Foriegn Exchange Student”
- Bishop Nehru, “Rooftops”
- Michael Jackson, “Butterflies (J. Rocc Remix)”
- Yuno, “No Going Back”
- WizKid, “Lagos Vibes”
- Odunsi (The Engine), “In The Morning”
- Jay Rock, “Tap Out” f. Jeremih
- Innanet James, “Memories” f. Taliwhoah
- Anderson .Paak, “Tints” f. Kendrick Lamar
- The Internet, “Roll (Burbank Funk)”
- Solange, “Losing You”
- J.I.D, “151 Rum”
- Aminé, “REEL IT IN”
- Usher & Zaytoven, “You Decide”
- Free Nationals, “Beauty & Essex” f. Daniel Caesar & Unknown Mortal Orchestra
- Summer Walker, “Girls Need Love”
- Puppy Outro
For those interested, we’ve also included Apple Music and Spotify playlists for the mix as well.