With albums like Disposable Arts and Long Hot Summer under his belt, Masta Ace is no stranger to a concept. In fact, when it comes to a concept-driven album, he’s one of the best. So when it was announced that he and Marco Polo were dropping an album called A Breukelen Story, I’d be lying if I said I was anything less than dummy stoked.
Detailing the story of Marco Polo’s journey from Toronto to New York to pursue his dream of being a renowned record producer, the album comes equipped with 15 tracks (and four skits), with Masta Polo welcoming contributions from eLZhi, Pharoahe Monch, Smif-N-Wessun (“Breukelen“), Styles P, Lil Fame, Marlon Craft, eMC (!!) and more.
- “Dad’s Talk (Skit)”
- “Breukelen” f. Smif-N-Wessun
- “Get Shot”
- “Still Love her” f. Pearl Gates
- “Man Law” f. Styles P
- “You & I”
- “Gotta Go (Skit)”
- “Sunken Place” f. Pav Bundy
- “Corporal Punishment” f. eLZhi
- “Landlord of the Flies (Skit)”
- “Count Em Up” f. Lil Fame
- “American Me”
- “The Cutting Room (Skit)”
- “God Bodies” f. Trini Boy
- “Wanna Be” f. Marlon Craft
- “Three” f. eMC
- “The Fight Song” f. Pharoahe Monch
- “Mom’s Talk (Skit)”
Press play below and be sure to add A Breukelen Story on your preferred streaming platform.