Of all of the albums I enjoyed in 2018, the one that stuck the most was Benny the Butcher‘s Tana Talk 3. Relying solely on the production talents of Daringer and Alchemist, the project still receives heavy burn from this writer (and the entire DopeHouse) to this day.
Benny is on a mission, though. Just seven months after dropping Tana Talk 3, the Butcher is right back in the kitchen with a quickstrike follow-up called The Plugs I Met.
A seven-track outing, led by the absolute heat rock “18 Wheeler” with Pusha T, the project also comes equipped with features from Black Thought (“Crown for Kings“), Jadakiss, Conway, 38 Spesh, BSF’s RJ Payne, and India. Production provided by Daringer, Alchemist, DJ Shay, and the Beat Butcha.
- “Crowns for Kings” f. Black Thought (prod. DJ Shay)
- “Sunday School” f. 38 Spesh & Jadakiss (prod. Daringer)
- “Dirty Harry” f. RY Payne & Conway (prod. Daringer & Beat Butcha)
- “Took the Money to the Plug’s House” (prod. Alchemist)
- “18 Wheeler” f. Pusha T (prod. DJ Shay)
- “5 to 50” f. India (prod. Alchemist)
It’s short–the whole thing is less than 30 minutes long–but that just makes things that much sweeter. Press play below and be sure to add The Plugs I Met wherever you listen to music.
As a bonus, Benny was also featured on PR Dean’s latest single, “Wolves,” with Taj Mahal and Big Flip Papi. Taken off his upcoming compilation, B.A.S.E (Bobbito And Stretch Era), dropping in August.