Fresh off an impromptu freestyle session on the streets of New Orleans, Common is back with another taste of his upcoming album, Let Love.
“This album is inspired by the book Let Love Have the last Word, which gave me a path to write about things I had never written about before,” the Chicago legend said. “It forced me to go deeper and because I opened up about so many things in the book, I was charged to go to raw, personal and spiritual places in the music. Production-wise, I knew that the music had to have depth, soul and dimension to it. I wanted the musicianship and the spirit of what live music brings, but it also had to have something raw and basement about it.”
After kicking things off with the J Dilla-produced “HER Love” with Daniel Caesar, Common keeps it coming with “Hercules” featuring Swizz Beatz.
Released with a matching music video, featuring a cameo from Vince Staples, the song can be added wherever you listen to music.
Press play and check out the tracklist–featuring BJ the Chicago Kid, Leikeli47, Jill Scott, and others–below. Let Love arrives August 30th.
- “Good Morning Love” f. Samora Pinderhughes
- “HER Love” f. Daniel Caesar (w/ Dwele)
- “Dwele’s Interlude”
- “Hercules” f. Swizz Beatz
- “Fifth Story” f. Leikeli47
- “Forever Your Love” f. BJ the Chicago Kid
- “Leaders (Crib Love)” f. A-Trak
- “Memories of Home” f. BJ the Chicago Kid & Samora Pinderhughes
- “Show Me That You Love” f. Jill Scott & Samora Pinderhughes
- “My Fancy Free Future Love”
- “God Is Love” f. Leon Bridges & Jonathan McReynolds