The road to French Montana’s Mac & Cheese 4 has been a bumpy one, to say the least.
Man, it’s amazing what a few
sample clearance issues average singles can do to an artist’s album release date.
Originally set for a retail release in August, MC4 was delayed due to
sample clearance issues a lack of buzz stemming from the release of not one, not two, but four singles — including “Figure It Out” featuring Nas and Kanye West, “Lockjaw” featuring Kodak Black, “Said N Done” featuring A$AP Rocky, and “No Shopping” with Drake.
Unfortunately, Target didn’t get the memo and ended up selling physical copies (which denounced the “sample clearance” excuse) in a few of their stores. And now, after scrapping the release all together, MC4 is being offered as a free mixtape via DatPiff.
- “Ready” (prod. The Mekanics)
- “Play Yaself” (prod. Harry Fraud)
- “No Shopping” f. Drake (prod. Murda Beatz)
- “2 Times” (prod. Maaly Raw)
- “Everytime” f. Jeezy (prod. Earl & E)
- “Said N Done” f. A$AP Rocky (prod. Earl & E)
- “Heated” (prod. Swift)
- “Lockjaw” f. Kodak Black (prod. Ben Billions)
- “Check Come” (prod. Swift)
- “Brick Road” (prod. Harry Fraud)
- “XPlicit” f. Miguel (prod. Ben Billions, Danny Boy Styles & The ANMLS)
- “Figure It Out” f. Kanye West & Nas (prod. DJ Khalil & Rick Steel)
- “Have Mercy” f. Beanie Sigel, Jadakiss & Styles P (prod. iLLA & DJ Khaled)
- “Paid For” f. Max B & Chinx
As a bonus, French Montana has also revealed videos for “Have Mercy” with Beanie Sigel, Jadakiss & Styles P (below) and “XPlicit” with Miguel.