Robert Glasper is one of music’s best modern-day jazz instrumentalists. A couple years ago, he won a GRAMMY for his Black Radio LP, and got nominated for another for the album’s follow-up. And obviously while GRAMMYs are not the be-all, end-all of notoriety, his work hasn’t gone unnoticed across genres.
The Houston native is gearing up to release an album called Everything’s Beautiful made entirely with Miles Davis samples and covers. Today, Glasper debuted the album’s first single, “Ghetto Walkin'” featuring Bilal, which grabs a sample from Davis’ “The Ghetto Walk.”
Everything’s Beautiful is set to have features from Stevie Wonder, Erykah Badu, Illa J, Phonte, Gerogia Anne Muldrow and many more and will be released May 27, two months after Don Cheadle’s Miles Davis biopic hits theaters.
Stream “Ghetto Walkin'” below, and check out the Everything’s Beautiful album cover and tracklist below that. Pre-order the album on iTunes.
Cover & Tracklist:
1. “Talking Sh*t”
2. “Ghetto Walkin'” f. Bilal
3. “They Can’t Hold Me Down” f. Illa J
4. “Maiysha (So Long)” f. Erykah Badu
5. “Violets” f. Phonte
6. “Little Church” f. Hiatus Kaiyote [Remix]
7. “Silence Is The Way” f. Laura Mvula
8. “Song For Selim” f. KING
9. “Milestones” f. Georgia Anne Muldrow [Remix]
10. “I’m Leaving you” f. Ledisi & John Scofield
11. “Right On Brotha” f. Stevie Wonder