Dave East‘s and Kodak Black‘s new albums both debut in the most recent top 10 of the Billboard 200 chart.
Kodak has already seen success on the chart, with his Paining Pictures album selling 71,000 in its first week back in April. His next album, Project Baby 2, now follows it with a debut at No. 2, selling 50,000 copies in its first week. The interesting part with Kodak’s sales is that nearly all of them came from streaming. Project Baby 2 only sold 8,000 physical copies, meaning songs on it were streamed enough to sell 42,000 copies. That’s about 63 million streams.
Also with an impressive debut is Dave East, who makes his first top 10 appearance with his new project, Paranoia. Harlem’s finest sold 26,000 copies of Paranoia in its first week, with 14,000 sales coming from streams.
Mainstays in the top 10 this week include Kendrick Lamar (DAMN.), DJ Khaled (Grateful) and Khalid (American Teen). Check out the full top 10 below.
- Brand New – Science Fiction (58,000 album sales)
- Kodak Black – Project Baby 2 (50,000)
- Kendrick Lamar – DAMN. (41,000)
- Neck Deep – The Peace and the Panic (32,000)
- Kesha – Rainbow (31,000)
- Khalid – American Teen (29,000)
- DJ Khaled – Grateful (27,000)
- Ed Sheeran – Divide (26,000)
- Dave East – Paranoia (26,000)
- Imagine Dragons – Evolve (25,000)