So… can you believe this is actually happening?! The 2012 (and much, much less curmudgeon-y) version of me is hyped!
So, ten years after signing to Roc Nation, Jay Electronica has finally released his debut album, A Written Testimony. And while the album – using Jay E. mathematics – was initially rumored to drop March 17th/18th, it is officially available tonight (March 13).
Jay Elect scheduled a series of listening sessions throughout the country tonight (March 12), but with the COVID-19 pandemic gripping the
nation entire planet had all but canceled the in-person events. So, instead, Jay livestreamed the album for everyone to hear for the first time, together.
After already revealing the the ten-song tracklist earlier, the project is finally here. In this writer’s opinion, it was totally worth the wait.
Jay-Z is all over this album: he guests on all but two tracks. There’s production from Alchemist (!), No I.D., Swizz Beatz, Hit-Boy, and several cuts laced by Jay Elect himself. And the best part? He actually came through on his promise after all this time.
- “The Overwhelming Event” (prod. Jay Elect)
- “Ghost of Soulja Slim” f. Jay-Z (prod. Jay Elect)
- “The Blinding” f. Jay-Z & Travis Scott (prod. AraabMUZIK, G.Ry, Hit-Boy & Swizz Beatz)
- “The Neverending Story” f. Jay-Z (prod. Alchemist)
- “Shiny Suit Theory” f. Jay-Z & The-Dream (prod. Jay Elect)
- “Universal Soldier” f. Jay-Z (prod. Jay Elect)
- “Flux Capacitor” f. Jay-Z (prod. Jay Elect)
- “Fruits of the Spirit” (prod. No I.D.)
- “Ezekiel’s Wheel” f. Jay-Z & The-Dream (prod. Jay Elect)
- “A.P.I.D.T.A.” f. Jay-Z (prod. Khruangbin)
Not much can be said now, it’s time to listen to the album. Hear it below.