Although it sure doesn’t feel like it, we’re closing in on the halfway mark of 2020. And while I’m sure we can all agree it’s been one to forget, there’s still been a few glimpses of light within the music world this year.
Quarantining from one of his lavish properties, currently being baited by DMX to take part in a VERZUZ battle, JAY-Z decided to share a “Couple Songs From 2020” that he’s digging so far with a new playlist on TIDAL.
Equipped with 20 songs, Hov kicked things off with Lil Baby‘s “Emotionally Scared” (a highlight from his My Turn album), before adding songs from Drake, Future, the almighty Griselda (including Boldy James), his wife Beyoncé (on the “Savage (Remix)” with Megan Thee Stallion), The-Dream, Jay Electronica (off their joint album, A Written Testimony), The Weeknd, Kehlani, Polo G, and Lil Uzi Vert. He even threw on some Fiona Apple.
- Lil Baby, “Emotionally Scarred“
- Polo G, “Heartless” (prod. Mustard)
- Megan Thee Stallion, “Savage (Remix)” f. Beyoncé
- Fiona Apple, “Under the Table”
- Drake, “Landed“
- Future, “Hard To Choose“
- Kehlani, “Toxic“
- Lil Baby & 42 Dugg, “Grace“
- Boldy James & Alchemist, “Speed Demon Freestyle“
- Future, “Trillionaire” f. YoungBoy Never Broke Again
- Drake, “Chicago Freestyle” f. Giveon
- Jay Electronica, “Universal Soldier“
- Westside Gunn, “Allah Sent Me” f. Conway & Benny the Butcher
- The Weeknd, “Snowchild“
- The-Dream, “Passion“
- The-Dream, “Wee Hours” f. Jhené Aiko
- Lil Baby, “Sum 2 Prove“
- Lil Uzi Vert, “P2“
- Westside Gunn, “Claiborne Kick” f. Boldy James
- Jay Electronica, “A.P.I.D.T.A.“