October 14 saw the release of Boogie’s Thirst 48, Pt. II and
Kevin Hart’s Chocolate Droppa’s What Now? mixtape, as well as the surprise early releases of Anderson .Paak and Knxwledge’s Yes Lawd! and Gucci Mane’s Woptober.
Projected to sell around 25,000, 1992 officially landed a couple thousand over its projections selling 32,000 copies. It’s his ninth top 10 album of his career.
The release of 1992 was overshadowed by his short-lived beef with Meek Mill, which hasn’t seen much action since subliminal bars from Meek Mill’s Funk Flex freestyle in September. Beanie Sigel tried to keep spirits and words alive, but to no avail.
Rock group Kings of Leon topped the charts in their debut week selling 77,000 copies of Walls. The rest of the top 10 list is littered with many of the same names, from Drake to the Suicide Squad soundtrack, Ariana Grande, Travi$ Scott and others.
1. Kings of Leon – Walls (77,000 albums sales)
2. Drake – Views (40,000)
3. Suicide Squad OST (35,000)
4. The Game – 1992 (32,000)
5. Twentyone Pilots – Blurryface (25,000)
6. JoJo – Mad Love (25,000)
7. Hamilton soundtrack (23,000)
8. Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman (22,000)
9. Travi$ Scott – Birds In The Trap Sing McKnight (21,000)
10. Green Day – Radio Revolution (21,000)