Lorde, 2 Chainz and Young Thug all had their new albums debut in the top 10 on the Billboard 200 this week.
Leading the way was Lorde, who scored her first No. 1 album selling 109,000 copies of Melodrama. She took the top spot from Katy Perry, who isn’t in the top 10 this week.
Following Lorde is 2 Chainz’s Pretty Girls Like Trap Music, which sold just 3,000 less than Melodrama. It’s an impressive and well-earned debut for 2 Chainz, whose last album B.O.A.T.S. II sold 63,000 in its first week in 2013.
Kendrick Lamar bowed in at No. 3. He’s hovered around the top five since DAMN. came out in April. He sold another 70,000 copies of the album last week, inching his total closer to double-platinum status. Drake and Bruno Mars made routine appearances in the top 10, as well.
- Lorde – Melodrama (109,000)
- 2 Chainz – Pretty Girls Like Trap Music (106,000)
- Kendrick Lamar – DAMN. (70,000)
- Jason Isbell – The Nashville Sound (54,000)
- Nickelback – Feed The Machine (47,000)
- Drake – More Life (42,000)
- Ed Sheeran – Divide (38,000)
- Young Thug – Beautiful Thugger Girls (37,000)
- Fleet Foxes – Crack-Up (34,000)
- Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (30,000)
SHAKE EDIT: Man, where is the support for Big Boi’s Boomiverse?! The album is certified crack.